Introduction: Cheongsams can fully show the beauty of the figure and the temperament of oriental women. Only when you give the seller the accurate data of your figure can you get an appropriate cheongsam for yourself. Therefore, the requirements of the measurements of the Cheongsams are very strict. The following tutorials are used to help girls who like the Chinese style dresses. And learn to measure their accurate data of these 18 common dimensions.
1. The length of the body — When you are measuring this datum, you should stand barefoot, and measure the distance from the top of the head to the heel.
2. The circumference of the collar – Measuring the circumference of the neck (starting from the central point of the two sides of the clavicle, then using the measuring instrument make a circle around the neck, back to the center of the clavicle) is a little bit hard. When the cloth tape around the neck a circle and it should keep the width of a finger tip can be reached. See from the side, the cloth should forward from the back of the neck to the side, which can also be said like tilting slightly down instead of showing the horizontal level.
3. The measurement of the grip ring (also can be called as sleeve ring) – Measuring the circumference of the spot where arm and shoulder joint can be said as the grip ring. The method of the measurement: you should measure from the top of the shoulders above the armpit, and then back to the shoulder, surrounded as a circle.
4. The measurement of the upper arm — Measuring the circumference of the biceps of the upper arm of the arm is the point, or we can say that the widest part of the upper arm which should be measured.
5. The length of the arm — You should hang down your arm in the natural extension and then measure the length from the shoulder to the wrist.
6. The width of the front chest — You should measure from the left armpit to the right armpit.
7. The measurement of the bust — Wearing underwear can make the measurement more accurate for the cheongsams. And then put the cloth tape on the fullest place of the chest, around the armpit and form a circle. Please note that this measurement is not for your underwear size, it’s the size for the cheongsams.
8. The distance of the chest – As above, you should wear an underwear, and then measure the distance between the two highest points of the chest (BP point).
9. The width of the back porch — Back porch is the back side of shoulder, you should measure the shoulder joint through the back of the neck bones and then measure the distance to the other side of the shoulder joint. The ruler should not be very straight but it should be a ruler with a slight bending degree.
10. The width of the back: measure the distance between two sides of the armpit. (Use the cloth tape to measure).
11. The circumference of the waistline – The abdomen should be in a natural relaxation state. And use the cloth tape round the navel as a circle. And this will be distributed along the circumference of a circle.
12. The circumference of the abdominal. Just as before, the abdominal should be kept into the natural state of relaxation. And put the cloth tape from where the widest began to form a circle. The cloth tape usually be located in the place above the hipbone.
13. The measurement of the hip-line — You can measure start from the widest place and then put the cloth tape around to form a circle. At this time, the width of the cloth is the largest width and this is your hip-line.
14. The height of the obverse side of the breast: You should measure the distance from the highest point of the shoulder to the highest point of the chest (BP point).
15. The front lumbar waistline – And in this way, you should measure the length from the highest point of the shoulder, through the highest point (BP point) of the chest, and then to the waist. This length can be called as the front lumber waistline.
16. The length of the back shoulder to back waist — this length should be measured from the highest point of the shoulder to the back waist.
17.1. Length of front waist to the knee (skirt) — This kind of length should be measured from the front waist line to the front knee.
17.2. Length of front waist to the ankle (floor-length dress) — This length should be measured from the front waist line to the front of the ankle.
18. The length of the waist to the heel– You should measure from the back waistline to the heels.
All these dimensions should be paid attention to. If you just buy a ready-made cheongsam, you may not care about these aspects.. But as a result, the dress you choose is not so suitable for you. Or we can say that it is not made for you. The best way to get an appropriate cheongsam is to tell the seller the accurate data of your figure. Customized Chinese dress can be much better for you when you are really want to get one. All girls want to be elegant and charming. But how to reach this effect can always be a question for them. For those girls who love Chinese traditions, customized cheongsam can be a good choice.
In addition, sometimes the seller would ask you to give the measurement of “the upper bust measurement”, “the below bust measurement” and so on. For the customized Chinese dresses, “the height when you sitting down” is also needed. That is the length of the bench to the top of the shoulder when you are sitting down.